About The Women
Through the Polished Industries program, young women who have had a rough start get a chance to change their lives and leave their negative history behind. The women have a variety of backgrounds when they come to us. Some have been in foster care, some are teen moms, some have been homeless, some have been in trouble with the law.
• Without support or education these young women struggle to make enough money to support themselves.
• Many of them turn to drugs, alcohol and sex trafficking, prostitution or stripping to cope with their situation.
• These young women need a chance and a place to feel safe to grow and heal enough to make some decisions about their future.
• *More than half of this population has experienced some type of sexual violence.
• *One in four teen girls have reported feeling sad or hopeless with one in six considering suicide.
• *The majority of the young women have a high school degree and 36% go on to college.
*These statistics are based on a 2013 report by The Women’s Foundation of Colorado.
In connection with other organizations that provide services to this population, we pool our resources to help these young women make positive changes in their lives.